All of the referrals & classifieds for Berkeley are posted to the Bulletin Board. This way, you can post the referrals and classifieds yourself without waiting for a webmaster. To post a referral, please follow the steps on the right.
What's on the Bulletin Board?
There are 5 categories on the Bulletin Board. Underneath each category are forums and under each forum are posts.
When do you post vs. sending an e-mail?
As the e-mail list has grown, so has the number of messages that are sent to the group. We currently have 515 members and for the past 12 months an average of 103 e-mails are being sent each month. Please be considerate when sending an e-mail to the group. Many people have their work e-mail on the group and a large number of e-mails (especially with attachments) can fill up an inbox and be distracting. If a forum already exists on the bulletin board, please post it there instead. For example, if your teenager is advertising house sitting services, post it under the "Referrals – House Sitting" section of the bulletin board. As a bonus, instead of going into 500+ individual e-mail boxes and then deleted, it will be available for reference for years to come!
The Do-It-Yourself way to post to the Bulletin Board...
1. Click on the Bulletin Board link.
2. Log in. If you are not logged in, there will be Username and Password fields at the top. If you are logged in, it will say "Hello, your name" at the top.
3. If you have never logged in before, click the "Register" tab at the top to set up your id. We only allow neighbors on the list.
4. Once you are logged in, find the category where you'd like to post. For example, if you found a great Window cleaner, go to Referrals and click "Windows".
5. Click "Forum Tools - Post a New Thread". Then type in the name and contact information for your window cleaner.
6. Click "Post Message". Now everyone can see your message!
Still too hard? Just fill out the form below. It may take 1-2 weeks for it to be posted on the Bulletin Board.
Please post a referral for me!
Post a Referral